Wednesday Feb 10 2021
Where can you get all of the ingredients for an extra special Valentine’s Day and week in one simple, centrally-located stop? Gardner Village, of course. From dining and shopping to memorable activities and heartfelt gifts, we have everything you need to plan the perfect romantic rendezvous.
1. Start with lunch a sweet treat at Rise at Gardner Village bakery. The food is amazing and the seasonal desserts they offer are as beautiful as they are tasty!
2. For a little pre-holiday happiness, schedule a mini photo session at Camera Shy. Engagement and wedding-day shots shouldn’t be the only times couples get photos done exclusively of and for them. Of course, beyond their special holiday mini sesh, you can schedule any time for in-studio or outdoor shots.
image credit: Camera Shy
3. Now that awesome new pictures are headed your way, you’ll want a special frame. Browse the options available at Seven Gables Mercantile, CF Home Furniture and Design, and Down to Earth. For those of you who go big or go home when it comes to the day of amore, you could even spend time with your sweetheart, shopping for a new piece of furniture for your home. Now, THAT'S a fun date!
4. Speaking of fun, take a stroll over to The Farm for a romantic carriage ride for two throughout The Village. Cupid himself can’t write this kind of love story!
5. Test your compatibility at A Great Escape. Do you have the shared skillz to get out of the escape room before time’s up?
6. Forget the generic box o’ chocolates from the supermarket. Plan a stop at Chocolate Covered Wagon, where you can hand-select your perfect box of sweets with your sweetie. From chocolate covered fruit to freshly-made fudge, they have many favorites to choose from.
7. Love is officially in the air. Get that selfie arm ready. Apply that lip balm. It’s time for a trip to the Kissing Bridge.
8. Just across the Kissing Bridge, you'll find great spots to shop for gifts, including Willow Hill Yarn Company, where you can get info on this darling heart hat (perfect idea as temps begin to drop and you're looking to warm things back up!), Shopaholics, Lulu's Boutique, and Plum Dandy, where there's a number of stylish accessories and clothing to choose from.
9. Another way to warm things up? A new throw or quilt! Find your cozy amore keepsake at Layers Bedding.
10. Valentine's Day wouldn't be complete without a love note. Say "be mine" with a card from Posh Paperie. Psssttt... They also have plenty of love-filled decorating ideas and options.
11. Connect over a course. Try your hand at watercolor or another fun creative offering at The Art Cottage.
12. A Valentine’s Day outing wouldn’t be complete without flowers. Simply Flowers has an abundance of beautiful blooms to choose from. Order ahead to guarantee you’ll have an arrangement waiting or select something in store (while supplies last).
13. If you aren’t ready to call it quits, take in dinner AND a show at Mystique Dining or The Prestige: Parlour of Magic. Seeing a headlining magician would definitely add a magical, memorable conclusion.
14. Finding available dining this time of year can be tricky. Good thing Gardner Village has multiple options. Archibald's Restaurant is another food favorite to add to your list.
Plus, especially for this romantic season, they've put together a tasty Dinner for Two offer available all month long.
Whew! So much to see and do. Whether you choose to make a mega day of it with each of these ideas or you pick your favorites, Gardner Village promises to bring the romance this weekend and all month long. Of course, you don’t have to come with your sweetheart. Nearly all of these activities could just as easily be enjoyed with the entire family or your BFF if Galentines is more your thing. Any way you approach it, it’s sure to be memorable.