Experience WitchFest 2023, the Top Witch Festival at Gardner Village | SEPTEMBER 22-OCTOBER 31, 2023(West Jordan, UT) – If you visit historic Gardner Village mid-September through October, you’re in for a real treat! And maybe a few tricks as well as the witches come out to play during the annual WitchFest in West Jordan, Utah.
The menace is intentional each year as crews begin working on WitchFest, Gardner Village’s seasonal celebration of everything witch, complete with witch displays and a scavenger hunt to find them. WitchFest is Utah's premier Halloween festival.
WITCHFEST 2023 DATES, HOURS & PARKING INFO
- Friday, September 22-Tuesday, October 31, 2023, runs daily, Monday-Saturday. There are no admission fees to visit WitchFest and Gardner Village.
- September 22-October 31, 2023, Monday-Saturday, 10am-8pm | *Except Saturdays, October 7, 14, 21 and 28, 2023, 10am-9pm for Witches Night Out
- Archibald's Restaurant regular hours during September and then in October, Monday - Thursday, 11am-8pm and Friday-Saturday, 11am-9pm
- Halloween, Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 10am-5pm | Archibald's Restaurant, 11am-4pm
- Normally parking is free year round. Parking will continue to be free Monday-Thursday during WitchFest. However, on Fridays and Saturdays of WitchFest, we hire ABM Parking to manage the lots efficiently due to the higher influx of people. There will be a $7 per car parking fee Fridays and Saturdays during WitchFest: September 22, 23, 29, 30 and October 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27 & 28, 2023. Cash and credit card accepted. Receive valuable coupons when you park that more than make up for the parking fee. For your safety, please don’t park on 7800 South. Although WitchFest is highly popular, there is plenty of parking at Gardner Village.
FIND WITCHFEST FAQs HERE >>
WITCHFEST 2023 EVENTS SCHEDULE
- WITCHAPALOOZA DINNER THEATER AND BREAKFAST WITH A WITCH at The Gathering Place will begin on Friday, September 22, 2023. Tickets on sale here. If you want interactions with live Gardner Village witches, Breakfast with a Witch is a great option. Witchapalooza Dinner Theater is recommended for ages 12+.
- WITCH DISPLAYS & WITCH SCAVENGER HUNT: Friday, September 22-Saturday, October 31, 2023. The Scavenger Hunt will be touchless and navigated using your phones and signs at the Village. This is free! No ticket necessary. Print your form ahead of time here.
- WITCH 5K, 10K & HALF MARATHON RUN: Saturday, September 23, 2023 with runs beginning at 7am. Hosted by On Hill Events. Register with On Hill Events here.
- WITCHES WEEKENDS: Fridays & Saturdays, September 22-October 28, 2023. Experience interactions and fun photo ops with our live Gardner Village witches in our Center Court area, noon-3:30pm. Food trucks and activities in select shops.
- WITCHES NIGHT OUT : Grab your broommates and join us for an enchanting evening at this annual event. We've brewed up some exciting changes this year. You cackled, and we listened! To make for a more spellbinding experience, this year's Witches Night Outs will be held Saturdays, October 7, 14, 21 & 28, 2023, 4-9pm. Wand-er our bewitching paths and enjoy shopping and dining, all while dressed in your finest witch wear. Each evening kicks off with a 4pm children's parade, followed by the grand witches parade at 8pm (witches 18 & older) with the live Gardner Village witches leading the way. Our live Gardner Village witches will create a bit of toil and trouble as they bring some of our witch displays to life throughout the evening. You can let your mole hairs down and shake your BOO-ty to the wicked tunes of DJs Russ & Morgan Powell of Powell Weddings & Events. Enter to win prizes, enjoy hair-raisingly good food and find deals in all of our shops. The evening wraps up at 9pm with Thriller and our Gardner Village witches on the main stage. No Tickets Necessary.
- MANIFESTATIONS! - A MAGICALLY MACABRE TRIBUTE TO EDGAR ALLEN POE at Mystique Dining and The Prestige: Magic Lounge & Showroom. Make reservations here. A magical experience complete with a 5-course dinner followed by an award-winning master of illusion into the unexplainable and indescribable.
- WITCHES OF MYSTIC MANOR ESCAPE ROOM at A Great Escape : Tickets are on sale here.
- RICOCHET CANYON AMUSEMENT PARK: Rides, activities, play area, pony rides, petting zoo with an old west bewitching theme. Reservations not needed. $5 admission for kids 2 to 18 and $2 for adults 18 and older. Purchase stamp cards for paid attractions within the park.
- WITCH EXPRESS TRAIN & TRACTOR-PULLED WAGON RIDES at The Train Shoppe: Take a ride on the Witch Express Train, a trackless train that meanders through Gardner Village, Monday-Saturday, 11am-7pm, $4 per person. Hop on a tractor-pulled wagon ride with a Gardner Village witch, Fridays & Saturdays during October, 11am to 7pm, $4 per person. Meeting area is by The Train Shoppe.
- WITCHY HAIR & NAILS: Look your witchy best and enjoy a manicure, pedicure and a witchy updo at Soulstice Day Spa & Salon. By appointment only. Clip in hair extensions and nail stickers available on a walk-in basis.
- VW PHOTO BUS: Bewitching photos in an iconic VW Bus Photo Booth at Camera Shy. The VW bus will roll in October 13, 14 20 & 21 at 2pm each day through close. The bus will be located by Ricochet Canyon Amusement Park. Various photo packages available starting at $15. No appointment necessary.
- FACE PAINTING, HENNA TATTOOS & SCARICATURE ART: Located adjacent to The Art Cottage. Face painting hours, Monday-Saturday, 10am-7pm. Henna Tattoos, Thursday-Friday, 10am-7pm. Scaricature Artist, Thursday-Friday, 10am-7pm. Hours will be longer during Witches Night Out evenings. Fees apply.
- WITCHES PAINT NIGHTS: Every Friday & Saturday from 6pm to 8pm at The Art Cottage. Pick and paint from a variety of witch paintings with step-by-step instruction on a 16x20 canvas, $34.99 per painter. Register here.
- WITCHY EATS: Food is available at Archibald's Restaurant and Happy Camper Deli & Bakery. Enjoy caramel apples and sweet treats at Chocolate Covered Wagon. The Cackling Cantina on Mill Plaza will be open daily, Monday-Saturday beginning September 27, 2023 first come first serve seating. Food trucks will serve here during October on Fridays and Saturdays for Witches Weekends and Witches Night Outs. Please, no outside food or private parties allowed in seating areas without reservations.
- WITCHFEST SOUVENIRS: Take a piece of the magic home with WitchFest souvenirs at Seven Gables Mercantile, our official souvenir store. You'll find t-shirts, stickers and magnets.
WITCHFEST MAP & DIRECTORY >>
WHY VISIT WITCHFEST?All of the hocus and pocus that make up today’s WitchFest started simply in 1999 as Witches’ Night Out. “Witches’ Night Out draws thousands of would-be witches to the Village each year,” Joe Long, CEO of Gardner Village, said. “They come wearing elaborate costumes and pointy hats, ready to shop, eat, play and have a lot of whimsical witchy fun.”
Over the years, WitchFest has evolved from this one-evening event into a celebration and family-friendly festival the runs mid-September to Halloween each year. With the ambiance and charm of an early Utah village, the brick-lined paths surrounding the historic Gardner flour mill are a unique backdrop for over 50 larger-than-life witch displays that adorn the property during WitchFest. You'll be immersed into the experience with 30,000 pounds of pumpkins, 20,000 pounds of straw and hundreds of bunches of cornstalks that decorate the grounds. One of the most popular activities is the free scavenger hunt for the green-faced beauties. You'll find endless post-worthy photo ops.
World-renowned folk artist, Eric Dowdle, created a custom painting for WitchFest that has been turned into puzzles and prints that are sold nationwide and at Gardner Village in the Wanderlust store. WitchFest received a Best of State award during 2016 as Utah's best fair, festival and event. It's also listed as one of America's top Halloween events on Rush PR News.
WitchFest Photo Gallery
MORE ABOUT GARDNER VILLAGE - THE HOST OF WITCHFEST 2023“Gardner Village is a unique destination that brings visitors every day throughout the year,” Long says. “Especially during WitchFest, people come from California, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado and even the East Coast to be part of the fun. The Village showcases an important part of West Jordan and Utah history.”
Gardner Village features locally owned specialty shops and event venues surrounding the historic Gardner Mill, which is listed on the National Historic Register. The old flour mill and silo are home to Archibald’s Restaurant, Mill Plaza and CF Home. Vintage pioneer architecture, antique fixtures, red brick paths and bridges add to the atmosphere that takes you back to a simpler time and spotlight Utah's colorful history.
Gardner Village is a Utah historic site and is located at 1100 West 7800 South in West Jordan, Utah, a suburb of Salt Lake City. The Village is open year 'round, Monday through Saturday. Closed Sundays.